Gladstone Tennis Club
5 Year Vision (2020)
The intention of this document is to update the "5 Year Vision" that the Management Committee developed for the Club in 2019 - so that the Club's Members can read, comment on, and ultimately share in the vision.
It was anticipated that the Vision will be reviewed and updated from time to time – and shared with the Members to provide transparency and understanding for both Members and the Committee alike.
As always, a number of the vision points are be subject to funding – but the Committee believes that it is preferable to document the vision points so that they are clear.
1. To continue to be a family-orientated tennis club, providing top grade tennis facilities, and a friendly tennis environment, for members and their guests of all ages and abilities. We have recently upgraded the Club's website to enhance the member / new member experience.
2. To promote tennis in the surrounding community and to continue to attract new members while retaining our existing members.
3. To retain an enthusiastic and friendly professional tennis coaching team headed by Martin Colenbrander and to support Martin in his initiatives to benefit the Club.
4. To attract and build supportive sponsors for the Club's to compliment the Club's fundraising activities.
5. To undertake the following developments on the Club's premises in the medium / long term:
a. to provide LED lighting for all 5 tennis courts to enhance tennis play into the evenings and early mornings – this has been completed in the last year;
b. to give the Club rooms a "make over" resulting in a more welcoming and comfortable place for members and guests to relax and enjoy the Club's facilities – this has been completed in the last year;
c. to resurface Court 5 with a hard court surface to the same quality as centre court at the ASB Tennis Stadium – to provide members with an alternative surface to play and train on;
d. to upgrade the viewing area across the front of the upstairs of the Club rooms – this will involve replacing existing fixed windows with sliding window, a safety glass barrier and new seating – all to provide members and guests with an enhanced viewing experience over the tennis courts;
e. to continue to upgrade our indoor and outdoor seating options for senior and junior members and visitors; and
f. to maintain quality facilities by completing general maintenance and painting to the Club rooms and fences needed – this has been completed in the last year.
6. To remain financially prudent and make decisions involving Club spending based on what the Club can reasonably afford. To retain (as circumstances permit) a financial buffer of $10,000 to $20,000 in the Club's bank account to provide funding during unforeseen events.
7. To promote tennis as a great way to have fun, stay fit and meet new people.
Dated: 1 July 2020
Signed for and on behalf of the Management Committee:
©2021 Gladstone Tennis. Site by RAZOR Web Design